1998 October: Singleton Big W insecticide spill.

Poison Scare Victims Home

Newcastle Herald Saturday October 24, 1998

FOUR female employees of Big W at Singleton were released from hospital yesterday after a chemical spill at the store on Thursday night.

Fifteen people were taken to Singleton Hospital after a bottle of insecticide was dropped on the floor.

A hospital spokesman said the people were complaining of sore eyes and nausea.

After an inspection, 11 people went home but the four women, aged 17, 19, 20 and 37, remained overnight for observation.

The spokesman said it appeared the poison had been absorbed through the skin.